The Vale Academy strives to provide:
- a secure, welcoming learning environment where the individual needs of all students are recognised;
- a vibrant, purposeful learning environment where students achieve their very best through committed and motivational teaching;
- an aspirational learning environment dedicated to high expectations;
- a positive, supportive community ethos of mutual respect;
- a philosophy of continuous improvement in every aspect of the academy’s work and life;
- for students to become responsible, enthusiastic, independent learners who develop the skills to achieve a happy, healthy and fulfilling life.
THE VALE WAY
‘’The Vale Way’’ has three main principles and applies to all members of the academy community:
- Principle 1: Education and Academic Success: we endeavour to provide all students, irrespective of ability, with the highest possible quality of learning and teaching.
Values: hard work; ambition; resilience; achievement.
- Principle 2: Join in, join in: involve yourself in as many extra-curricular and enrichment activities as possible. Ensure you have a voice and contribute your views and ideas.
Values: involvement; team work; personal development; democracy.
- Principle 3: The Vale Community: we expect our students to show care, loyalty and support for each other, to behave in a way which supports all students' learning and to be kind, courteous and helpful.
Values: mutual respect; following academy rules; tolerance; loyalty; care and support.