All students at The Vale will be supported through a programme of Information Advice and Guidance.
We recognise that you will need careful support and specialist information to enable positive progress through the complex issue of pathway choice and personal progression.
The Academy has a qualified careers member of staff and careers education is overseen by a governor and the Vice Principal:
Mr Hearfield – Careers Adviser
Mr Collins – Vice Principal
External independent careers advice is offered by Careers Inc, please contact the academy if you or your child requires extra appointments
Mr Pope - Link Governor
They provide confidential and impartial advice to students on:
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas they can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Choosing and apply for courses post 16 and post 18.
- Completing application forms, CVs and letters of application.
- Finding work or an apprenticeship.
- Job hunting techniques including mock interviews
If you wish to attend your son/daughters careers interview or just want to chat about their future, please ring the Academy.