All students at the Academy will be supported through a programme of Careers Advice and Guidance.
We recognise that you will need careful support and specialist information to enable positive progress through the complex issue of pathway choice and personal progression.
Careers education is provided through a variety of strategies at the Vale. These include employer engagements, enterprise activities, Friday PSHE sessions and individual careers guidance appointments. Subjects also reference different careers available at key transition points.
You can ready the academy CEIAG policy by visiting the policy section of our web site.
YEAR 8 OPTIONS SURVEY SUMMARY
Below are ways the academy gives careers support to students throughout their time at the academy. Could you please rank them in terms of how important you believe they are starting with 1 for the most important to 7 for the least important?
One-to –one discussions with the academy careers coordinator
Visits to Higher and Further Education Establishments including taster sessions
Access to local businesses at the academy through say Aspirations Days, visits from or to local businesses or organisations, visits to careers fairs etc.
Careers specific information in tutor/PHSE periods
Careers related off-timetable days at the academy such as our year 8 product design day
Careers research material on the academy website or student learning areas
Access to an independent careers advisor other than the careers coordinator
1. Has your child been prepared by the academy to make their option choices?
2. Has your child been made aware of all the option choices available to him/her?
3. Are you aware that your child has been given careers advice as part of the options process?
4. Are you aware that your child has access to independent careers advice?
5. Does your child know where to go for additional information, advice and guidance to make his/her option choices?